G710 Series Vented Oil Gage - Union Coupling (3/8 or 1/2 pipe)
Additional Product Information
The G710 Series vented oil gage utilizes an adapter union fitting to connect the base of the oil gage to the reservoir. This construction offers advantages when installing oil gages in confined spaces by not requiring disassembly of the gage base. The viewing window and shield do not rotate during installation of the oil gage. The viewing window still has 360° adjustment for optimal orientation to view fluid after installation. The sealing gaskets are contained on both their ID and OD to facilitate trouble-free assembly after on-site repositioning of the viewing window.
- .88 inch SQ base
- Machined from brass bar stock
- Adapter union fitting between reservoir and gage base
- Reservoir thread connections of 3/8 or 1/2 inch NPTF
- .53 inch wide viewing window, length varies from 4.33 to 12.58 inches depending on gage selected
- 360° adjustment of viewing window
- Suitable for use with most machine lubricating oils
- Brass construction
- Buna N seals
- Borosilicate glass sight
- Maximum operating temperature of 250°F (121°C) with standard Buna N seals. For applications not compatible with Buna N seal material, consult factory for available options and corresponding temperature ratings.
Common Modifications Available
- Body Material: Aluminum
- Seal Material: Butyl, Fluorocarbon (Viton®), Ethylene Propylene (EPDM) or Silicone
- Sight Material: Polycarbonate, Redlined Glass
- Vent Cap Options: male pipe, female pipe, tube fitting, non-vented, filter or filler cap
- Adjustable fluid level indicator rings
- Two viewing windows machined into shield
- Add drain to gage base
Custom Modifications Available
- Body Material: Carbon Steel
- Surface Treatments: Zinc, Nickel or Chrome plate
Minimum quantities may apply.
When smaller viewing windows or thread connections are required, the G650 Series oil gage offers these features.
When space allows, the following oil gage series come with a male elbow base that must rotate during installation.
When monitoring fluid temperature within the oil gage is required, the following gage series provide options to satisfy this requirement.
In addition to the drain option available in this gage series, the following gage series incorporate a drain with integral flow control.